Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Falling for Google Drive

I don't normally stray from just my Gmail and Blogger account when it comes to patronizing Google. Just recently, however, when the need to temporarily store huge amount of electronic files in the internet arose, I Googled. Naturally, it took me to Google Drive.

Just in case you come across the same need to make large documents accessible anywhere in the world even without having to bring your laptop or other portable storage devices all the time, try uploading it to Google drive. I feel very silly to even write here very simple steps to get started, but, here they are anyway.

Requirements:
(1) Internet Connection, and
(2) a Google (etc. Gmail) account.



Uploading a document (e.g. a CV, photos).
(1) Go straight to Google Drive.
(2) Log in using the same Google credentials you use for your Gmail or Blogger account.
(3) Click the "up arrow" icon on the left side, next to [Create].
(4) Select the file to upload.
(5) Upload.

It is just that easy. Now, you can get hold of your file anytime and anywhere in the world without carrying your hard drives with you every single time.

Other features available include options to restrict or permit downloads by colleagues and friends, say an album of photographs, a work presentation, or any other documents you intend to save for use anytime.

Here is a rundown of its other advantages:
 - Allows even non-Google friends to download shared files. Just change the restriction.
 - It is an online Virtual Storage. Open important files anywhere in the world without having to get it from you personal hard drive.
 - Use free office tools incorporated in Google drive for:
    a.)  writing a resume/letter (like MS Word)
    b.)  prepare a Powerpoint presentation
    c.)  create simple and/or transactional forms for an online page, and many more..
 - 15Gb of storage capacity
 - Easy download of stored files into a PC Drive
 - Has numerous filter options (useful when looking or searching for a particular document within your storage space)
 - Has file security and/or privacy options.
 - Easy share to multiple friends.
 - Faster than email attachments.

 Honestly, I don't know why I am even writing this for Google. I just found it very convenient to have this type of free service online. Now I do not have to bother bringing laptops and transferring files from PC to USB or hard drives everytime I need to have something printed or even when emailing photo attachments to friends. I can simply send them a link and they can download the entire album from there.
 I have become a happy Google Drive user. Share my joy. :)

Note: Tell me how Google Drive has helped you also. Leave us a note to read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...