Friday, April 24, 2015

High-Fiving Mr. Kimbob!

We were just passing by SM's sidewalk when a familiar picture glared at me and I glared back. Could it be? Did he finally?


If you remember, a couple of years back, I and some friends flew to Angeles, Pampanga to head out to Tarlac for Mt. Pinatubo. When we were too spent to even think about what to eat, we settled to take a quick dinner in SM - Angeles. It was not a familiar place so we thought the food court must offer several ready fast food options. We went where the people were going and fell in line. It was there that we met Mr. Kimbob. I am not going to detail any further about the first time but if you are curious, read Where to Eat in Angeles.

I couldn't believe my eyes so I made sure I blinked to validate my find. "Ho. Ho. Ho!" I must've shouted at my friend and excitedly said "It's finally here!". We were out for another itinerary so we agreed to visit it at a later time.

A week or so passed and I grew restless and knew we had to meet Mr. Kimbob in Cebu. One SMS took my friend off her seat fast and we found ourselves on our way to SM - Cebu.


The moment we neared the food court, we couldn't stop scanning until we found the corner where Mr. Kimbob sat. We could have ran if there were no obstacles along the way but we were certainly ecstatic to "high five" a long time acquaintance. Age does bring about changes. Mr. Kimbob changed quite a bit. Our Cebu branch is smaller and the enormous Bibimbob signboard (see here) was no where to be found.  I find it difficult to outgrow old things and was looking for that sense of familiarity.

Nonetheless, I wasn't up for a let down. I realized that they have a promo going so we ordered their Combo Meal (Bibimbob + Jap chae + Dumpling + 16 oz soda for P176). BIBIMBOB at last! Rice at the center, topped with sunny side up egg, and surrounded with a variety of fresh vegetables ( kimchi, chayote, cabbage, carrots, cucumber). Jap chae is sweet potato starch noodles also named Korean Glass Noodles because it is translucent when cooked. Don't forget gochujang (Korean spicy sauce) in your festivity.


Go and try Bibimbob yourself! Tell me about your favorite in their menu.

Wallet Watch: P176

Mr. Kimbob - Cebu
SM Foodcourt, Cebu

6 comments:

  1. at dahil dyan, hasta ako mga officemates na-crazy ni Mr Kimbob. lol

    Laagholic Buyog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is your favorite Bee? :D

      Delete
    2. No other than Bibimbob and Japchae. ^_^
      How about you, Mike?

      Laagholic Buyog

      Delete
    3. The Angeles version of Bibimbob! haha

      Delete
  2. Well-written, Mike. Try pud namo dinha soon. ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ey JP. Tnx. this is korean fastfood. hehe.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...